Skip to content

Elex – Your Electricity Expert

Hey everybody!

This is Elex – Your Electricity Expert, and I am your host at the official Havells blog. It’s really exciting for me to be able to interact with you through this medium, and I’m looking forward to have a great dialogue with everyone out there.

It is a matter of great pride for me to be part of the Havells family. Havells is India’s fastest growing electrical and power distribution equipment manufacturer, and one of the great success stories of our generation.

At Havells, we work towards some goals, which will drive the topics we will talk about on this blog. These include:

  • The safety and security of your family
  • The efficient use of resources available to us
  • The importance of being in harmony with nature, through environmentally friendly products and
  • Adherence to Havells’ values and ethics system

You can expect to see posts on the topics mentioned above, and many more. And you can contribute, by sharing your thoughts, through the comments. Here is looking forward to conversing with you!




159 Comments leave one →
  1. October 28, 2009 5:47 am

    Is there a way to convert static electricity to a usable form of electrical current?
    Sincerely, Rob Eilers

    • November 2, 2009 7:31 am

      Hi Rob,

      Presently, no such device is available, since it is not practical and easy to develop the same. The research & developments in this regard are going on by storing static electricity using capacitors & other devices like battery.

  2. gregg Mowins permalink
    November 1, 2009 12:22 pm

    We are moving from Sweden to India and would like to use our existing appliances rather than buy new ones.
    I understand that both Sweden and Inida operate on 400v, 50Hz systems. If we have kitchen appliances that require grounding, can we simply cut off the existing plugs and replace with plugs that fit Indian electrical outlets?
    Gregg Mowins

    • November 6, 2009 7:17 am

      Hey Gregg,

      In India the Power supply available for household purpose is Single Phase 240V~ ,50 Hz & Three Phase 415V~,50 Hz similar to supply systems available in Europe.

      If all the equipments are to be used on single phase system they must be rated to work on 240V~ (±5%) ,50Hz .

      For Three phase equipments the rating shall be 415V~ (±5%),50Hz .

      In India Plugs used are Type C, D & M .

      Type ‘C’ two-wire plug is ungrounded and has two round prongs.

      Type ‘D’ plug has three large round pins in a triangular pattern. It is rated at 5 amps.

      Type ‘M’ has larger pins and is rated at 15 amps, is used alongside type D for larger appliances in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Namibia. Some sockets can take both type M and type D plugs.

      In Sweden Plugs used are Type C & F.

      Type ‘F’ is normally Used in, among others, Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Portugal, Spain and Eastern Europe.

      Plug F, known as CEE 7/4 and commonly called “Schuko plug”, which is the acronym of “Schutzkontakt”, a German word meaning “earthed/grounded contact”. It is similar to C except that it is round and has the addition of two grounding clips on the side of the plug. It has two 4.8 mm round contacts on 19 mm centres. It is used in applications up to 16 amps. Above that, equipment must either be wired permanently to the mains or connected via another higher power connector such as the IEC 309 system.

      Please check the rating of the equipments and plugs installed. Your equipments based on above ratings can be straight away used by changing plugs.

      I hope you got your answer 🙂

  3. Syed Amjad Ali permalink
    November 4, 2009 9:04 am

    Hi Elex,

    Can you educate me how electricity is produced? Thanks a lot!

    • November 11, 2009 5:59 am

      Hi Syed,

      Electrical energy was one of man’s greatest discoveries. It has helped build new civilizations. The large amount of electricity produced has its source in fossil fuels, nuclear
      fission, water, and wind. The different methods of electricity production are as follows:

      Electricity is churned out by enormous turbines. These turbines need a support to be moved. There are various ways of moving these turbines:

      By burning fossil fuels: Electricity is produced when the blades of a turbine are moved by enormous amounts of vapour. This vapour is generated by heating a lot of water in huge furnaces. The water is heated by burning fossil fuels like coal, petroleum, and natural gas. This method releases enormous amounts of carbon dioxide in the air, thus severely polluting our atmosphere. It is important to turn to alternate methods of electricity production for long-term benefits.

      By water: You must have heard how dams are constructed to produce electricity. A popular method to produce electricity, a water dams serves two purposes: restricting water bodies and producing electricity. Water dams use the river water to move turbines, helping them produce electricity. Electricity generated this way helps control air pollution; however, this method of electricity production adversely affects the ecosystem in the water bodies.

      Water accounts for 90 percent of the world’s electricity generated through renewable resources.

      By wind: Electricity is produced when wind energy is converted to electrical energy. Wind mills or wind turbines are used to churn up enormous amounts of wind energy which is then converted into electrical energy.

      The latest in wind energy advancement tells us that wind energy is helping create portable cell phone chargers.

      By nuclear fission: Yes, nuclear fission does not only make atom bombs, but also helps produce electricity. Nuclear fission causes a chain reaction where the element Uranium is bombarded by neutrons causing it to split. Every time a Uranium nucleus is split, more neutrons are released, causing more splits in the already split Uranium nuclei. The resultant chain reaction generates a lot of heat which is used to heat water the vapour of which eventually moves turbines to create electricity.

      By bio-waste: With technological advancements, electricity is also being produced by bio-waste. Bio-gas is a typical way of generating electricity in rural areas in countries like India. In fact, a new technology evolved in the state of Bihar in India that uses human waste to generate electricity.

  4. Shama permalink
    December 3, 2009 1:35 pm

    Please let me know If it is ok to have a 15 Amp point in the main switch board (along with the rooms light and fan switches ). Does a 15 Amp power socket not need separate wiring from the mains owing to the load that it is meant to carry. Please clarify.

    • December 4, 2009 7:35 am

      Hi Shama,

      Generally the 15 Amp sockets are covered under Power point sockets and have different wiring to draw more current than normal 6A sockets and switches.

      It is preferred to keep them separate. In case it is on the same board please first ensure that the wiring for 15 Amp socket is rated for 16A.



      • Shama permalink
        December 4, 2009 9:42 am

        Hi Elex,

        Thanks.. I read about a 7/20 Cu wire for the 15 Amp load, and a 3/22 for the normal 6 Amp load.. What I would like to know is that, can I visually be able to differentiate between these wires.


      • January 2, 2010 8:32 am


        Yes, in 7/20 there are 7 strands/wire of conductor whereas in 3/22 there are 3 strands (if its a solid wire). But if its a flexible wire then 7/20 is equivalent to 4.0 sqmm in which 56 strands/0.3 mm dia and for 3/22 its equivalent to 1.0 sqmm in which 14 strands/0.3 mm dia is there.

        Hence checking this will not be difficult.



  5. Gajesh permalink
    December 23, 2009 9:33 am

    Hi Elex,

    Could you please tell me how to check whether the house or apartment has proper earthing or not and if it doesn’t have then how to fix it, especially in apartment.

    • December 29, 2009 7:05 am

      Hello Gajesh,

      For checking proper earthing below are the methods :
      Method 1:

      The earth resistance value can be checked by the use of earth resistance tester (called megger earth tester). The best earth resistance should be less than one ohm but the permissible value is less than 5 ohm. For rocky areas it should be less than 8 ohms.

      Method 2:
      By using the Digital Millimeter check the Voltages between L – N, N- E, E- L
      It shall be
      L-N – 230 V or the available supply voltage
      N-E – Below 2 Volts is good earth connection
      E-L – 230 V or closer to available supply Voltage confirms good earth connection
      L-N = E-L confirms good earth connection

      If the wiring does not have proper earthing contact the electrician.

  6. Sanjeev permalink
    December 29, 2009 4:26 pm

    I am starting construction of my house. Pls guide as to how to select right type of wiring.

    • January 2, 2010 7:58 am

      Hi Sanjeev,

      For selecting right type of wiring for your house. Selection is primarily based on the equipments to be connected.

      On the basis of that you can do selection of :

      1. Switches, Sockets etc.
      2. Wire size etc.
      3. MCBs , RCCBs etc.
      4. Distribution Board

      You can visit the “Havells Galaxy” Please contact the electrician for proper selection.


  7. kaushal mehta permalink
    December 31, 2009 5:46 am

    please tell us about RCBO . i already have Havells rccb installed.
    Can I also use RCBO?

    • January 2, 2010 8:18 am

      Hello Kaushal,
      RCBO is a single composite device having the features of MCB & RCCB both. It saves you from short circuits, overloads & electrocution. It is designed for use in domestic, commercial and industrial distribution systems at the most downstream circuit for ensuring high degree of protection to the user for a particular circuit. In normal use, it is safe to use and free of trouble to the user as well as to the environment.

      6A, 10A, 16A, 20A, 25A, 32A & 40A – Sensitivity

      30mA, 100mA, 300mA – Execution

      Single Pole with neutral (SPN)

      Triple Pole with neutral (TPN)

      IS:12640 Part2, IEC 61009-1, BSEN:61009-1

      • Pulsating dc protection – Type A
      • Discrimination using time delay – Type S RCBO
      • Controlled response VD RCBO (Electronic)
      • Protection in case of loss of supply neutral
      • Enhanced immunity to nuisance tripping

      And yes, you can replace your RCCB with RCBO or you can put RCBO in the specific circuit where you want extra protection. Example: Kids room


  8. Shama permalink
    January 4, 2010 9:20 am

    Hi Elex,

    If suppose I need a few connections in one room to have 110 Volt/ 5 Amp rating, how does one go about it..

    Is having the transformer the only alternative, or can a split be done from the mains itself. What can the max current capacity be in that case.

    Regards Shama…

    • April 30, 2011 5:16 am

      Dear Shama,
      I would suggest you to install a step down transformer at your place. Step down transformers are designed to reduce electrical voltage. This kind of transformer “steps down” the voltage applied to it. For instance, a step down transformer is needed to use a 110v product in a country with a 220v supply.

      For any other query, do revert back.

      Elex- Your Electricity Expert

  9. Rajiv permalink
    January 9, 2010 5:46 am


    I have a 5kw connection running on a three phase power supply. I wanted to know, is it possible that in the absence of MCB/ELCB/RCCB, the current leaks? Because my electricity meter runs quite fast due to which my bill keeps mounting up. Kindly suggest what kind of device and what rating one should use?


    • January 12, 2010 5:09 am

      Hi Rajiv,

      MCBs and RCCBs are both protection devices.

      MCB is a device which gives protection from over current faults, if any
      in the system.
      ELCB/RCCB is a device which detects leakages and trips, if the leakage
      goes beyond a certain level.

      In your case, first thing you do is get the wiring checked from an Electrician to know whether
      the leakage really exists or not . In case there is a leakage, get the wirings corrected

      Then, it is advised to place a RCCB in the circuit to detect leakages in
      the system & MCBs for protection from overload & short circuit faults.

      Elex – Your Electricity Expert

  10. Vishal Garg permalink
    February 12, 2010 10:11 am

    Hi Elex,

    I am using Havells’ MCB of 3 Amperes. I wanted to now what wattage output would that give?

    Would it be 750 watts or somewhere around 550 watts. I would also appreciate if you could give a formula to calculate the same?

    Vishal Garg

    • April 30, 2011 5:17 am

      Dear Vishal,

      The following formula is used to calculate the Wattage:
      Wattage = voltage * current

      I hope this solves your problem.


  11. A. Jain permalink
    February 13, 2010 8:05 am

    Dear Sir,

    We are to start construction of our factory in Kundli. Do you provide services for consultancy, erection and installation of electrical systems at the site using Havells products.

    Awaiting your reply

    A. Jain

    • April 29, 2011 9:39 am

      Dear Sir,

      Please specify the city where you are planning to start your factory so that I can provide you with the details of all the dealers in that city.

      Elex – You Electricity Expert

  12. Gurdip Singh Oberoi permalink
    February 17, 2010 10:39 pm

    I am a electrical engineer working in Norway and have read about your new combined RCCB/MCB breakers, my family is building a new house in India/Ludhiana and i have recommended them to use your combined RCCB/MCBs . Could you kindly inform us where we could buy the above mentioned material in Ludhiana.

    Thanking u in advance
    With regards
    Gurdip S. Oberoi

    • February 18, 2010 7:22 am

      Hi Gurdip,

      Thank you for showing interest in our products.
      You can contact our Branch Representative on the following number for further assistance.

      Mr. Ankur Bhardwarj


  13. Leon Francis S permalink
    March 1, 2010 7:27 am

    Do you offer any services for small Apartments(14 flats) ? Our apartment is three years old, we want to have the electrical services done by the builder verified & certified ?
    Can your team help ?

    Leon Francis S.

    • April 29, 2011 9:40 am

      Dear Leon,

      Please provide us with your contact number and your address so that our executive can help you further.

      Elex – You Electricity Expert

  14. Ritesh permalink
    April 11, 2010 1:28 pm

    Can u guide me for power sever in home.

  15. Ritesh permalink
    April 11, 2010 1:30 pm

    Can u give me a MRP for home power sever.

  16. Jay Popat permalink
    May 5, 2010 4:33 am

    Dear Havells

    I have installed 1.5 ton Panasonic Spilt AC. I have been asked to install a MCB. I have 3 Phase. Which one of your MCB should be used and it will be helpful if you can advise an approx price of it.

    I have to install it today. Sorry for short notice.

    Awaiting your reply


  17. Prince permalink
    June 2, 2010 5:35 pm

    I have installed an RCCB (30mA, 4o A) on distribution box for only one line comprising of a computer & a laser printer only, now i wish to install an MCB in this line.

    I need a quick response MCB, please suggest me which ampere rating is appropriate 6/10/16/20 for this line ?
    Also where should it be placed, before or after an RCCB?

    Thank You

    • June 7, 2010 9:40 am

      The load current & the characteristics of the load determines the rating of the circuit breaker to be placed in the circuit.
      According to the normal rating of a P-IV PC with Laser printer, the current is ~5A approx. on a 220V circuit.
      So, MCB shall be of 6A.
      Installing a RCCB of 40A on a ~6A circuit also doesn’t seems OK, RCCB of 16A will be sufficient.

      MCB shall be placed before RCCB in your case, or rather if possible, install a RCBO of 16A/30 mA which will provide you both.

  18. Anurag Kothari permalink
    June 22, 2010 7:02 am


    Can you provide me with the list of different MCBs according to the load of electricity?

    Anurag Kothari

  19. A SAKTHI GANESH permalink
    August 1, 2010 3:02 pm

    In Indian house holds mostly single phase is used. But in the mains, there are 3 fuses(i.e. three connections) available. Does the current from each of the three phases (generated) go to each one of them or one phase is divided into 3 connections?? Please clarify.!!

    A Sakthi Ganesh

    • August 4, 2010 1:00 pm

      Dear A Sakthi Ganesh,

      The supply to the household can be a single phase or three phase depending on the load requirement, as you rightly said. Mostly single phase supply is available for household purposes. The incoming supply is further distributed in the down circuit as per the installations. The same supply is distributed in the individual circuits and for its protection an MCB / Fuse is used. The loads used in the household are generally single phase loads, so even in the case where supply is three phase the load is distributed almost equally in all the phases.

      Hope you got your answer. For further queries do get back to us.

      Elex- Your Electricity Expert

  20. Karan permalink
    August 6, 2010 10:10 am

    I recently read a warning on CFL packets the they contain mercury. My studies suggest that mercury is very dangerous for humans as well as the environment. I wish to ask you a few questions regarding the presence of mercury in CFLs.

    Q1 What method is used for inserting mercury in CFLs?
    Q2 How much mercury do the lamps contain?
    Q3 Why is the mercury content not printed on the packaging along with the warning?
    Q4 How is waste mercury handled in the factories?
    Q5 Shouldn’t the CFL producers accept the responsibility of collecting and recycling CFL lamps?

    • August 9, 2010 11:12 am

      Dear Karan,

      Great to see you care for the environment. Following are the answers to your queries.
      1. Most of the CFL manufacturers worldwide use liquid mercury as it is cost effective and requires simple technology. But, Havells is the first Indian electrical company to manufacture CFL with a Pill Dosing Technology.
      2. In India, the mercury content in a standard CFL is between 2 and 5 milligrams (mg). On the other hand, the mercury content in the Green CFLs manufactured by Havells is far lesser than the prescribed norms.
      3. This is a very good suggestion we will definitely consider it.
      4. There is no mercury waste in a Pill Dosing Technology.
      5. Yes they should. Havells uses amalgamated mercury pills that are less harmful to the environment as compared to conventional use of liquid mercury. These pills also conform to Indian and International standards on use of mercury in CFLs. Although we are trying to get more environment and human friendly solution for these issues, we will definitely think of such an initiative.

      Thank you for your query and suggestions!!!

      Elex – Your electricity expert

      • Karan permalink
        August 10, 2010 10:41 am


  21. SAKTHI GANESH A permalink
    August 18, 2010 1:28 pm

    I would like to get some idea on electricity pylons. There are as many as 7 wires that pass through it, am i right? But how can we have 7 wires in a 3 phase?

    Sakthi Ganesh A

    • August 26, 2010 6:23 am

      Dear Sakthi Ganesh,

      An electricity pylon or transmission tower is a tall structure, usually a steel lattice tower, used to support overhead electricity conductors for electric power transmission. They are used in high voltage AC and DC systems as well as railway traction, and come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. Typical height ranges from 15 to 55 metres (49 to 180 ft), although heights in excess of 300 metres (980 ft) do exist. In addition to steel, other materials may be used, including concrete and wood.

      1. High Voltage AC Transmission towers:

      Three-phase electric power systems are used for high and extra-high voltage AC transmission lines (50 kV and above). The towers must be designed to carry three (or multiples of three) conductors. The towers are usually steel lattices or trusses (wooden structures are used in Germany and Scandinavia in some cases) and the insulators are either glass or porcelain discs or composite insulators using silicone rubber or EPDM rubber material assembled in strings or long rod whose length is dependent on the line voltage and environmental conditions. One or two earth conductors (or “ground conductors”) for lightning protection are often mounted at the top of each tower.

      In some countries, towers for high and extra-high voltage are usually designed to carry two or more electric circuits. For double circuit lines in Germany, the “Danube” towers or more rarely, the “fir tree” towers, are usually used. If a line is constructed using towers designed to carry several circuits, it is not necessary to install all the circuits at the time of construction.

      Some high voltage circuits are often erected on the same tower as 110 kV lines. Paralleling circuits of 380 kV, 220 kV and 110 kV-lines on the same towers is common. Sometimes, especially with 110 kV circuits, a parallel circuit carries traction lines for railway electrification.

      2. High Voltage DC Transmission towers:

      High voltage direct current (HVDC) transmission lines are either monopolar or bipolar systems. With bipolar systems a conductor arrangement with one conductor on each side of the tower is used. For single-pole HVDC transmission with ground return, towers with only one conductor can be used. In many cases, however, the towers are designed for later conversion to a two-pole system. In these cases, conductors are installed on both sides of the tower for mechanical reasons. Until the second pole is needed, it is either grounded, or joined in parallel with the pole in use. In the latter case the line from the converter station to the earthing (grounding) electrode is built as underground cable.


  22. Rajesh Kumar Jain permalink
    August 19, 2010 4:41 am

    How can we calculate an AMP to select a Havells MCB for household and others purposes.

    Rajesh Kumar Jain

    • August 26, 2010 6:19 am

      Dear Rajesh,

      MCBs or Miniature Circuit Breakers are intended to give protection against overloads and short circuits, which can cause damage to cables and equipment. MCBs have current ratings (6A, 10A etc.) above which they will start to open or trip and give protection to the equipment.

      The first characteristic is the overload which is intended to prevent the accidental overloading of the cable in a no fault situation. The speed of the MCB tripping will vary with the degree of the overload. This is usually achieved by the use of a thermal device in the MCB. The second characteristic is the magnetic fault protection, which is intended to operate when the fault reaches a predetermined level and to trip the MCB within one tenth of a second. The level of this magnetic trip gives the MCB its type characteristic as follows: – ·

      Type B – trips between 3 and 5 time full load current

      Type C – trips between 5 and 10 times full load current

      Type D – trips between 10 and 20 times full load current

      The third characteristic is the short circuit protection, which is intended to protect against heavy faults maybe in thousands of amps caused by short circuit faults. The capability of the MCB to operate under these conditions gives its short circuit rating in Kiloamps (KA). In general for consumer units a 6KA fault level is adequate whereas for industrial boards 10KA fault capabilities or above may be required.

      MCBs are offered in types B , C and D characteristics. Where normal resistive loads are being fed the type B characteristic may be sufficient but in many industrial application motors and special lighting and data equipment is being fed which may adversely affect the MCBs during starting and it will be necessary to use type C characteristic breakers.

      Use B curve MCBs for lighting loads & C curve for motors & inductive loads

      Amp calculation can be done by knowing the load connected through the MCB e.g For a Single Phase ~240V , 1KW load with a Power Factor 0.8 the MCB required shall be 1000/(240*0.8)= 5.2 Amp & further Diversity factor is applied in case 3-4 MCBs are connected together Then the Amp of MCB shall become 5.2/0.8= 6.5A & the selected MCB shall be 8A or 10A.

      Hope you got your answer.
      Elex- Your Electricity Expert.

  23. manish permalink
    August 22, 2010 8:49 am

    Dear Havells Team,

    I have purchased a 1.5 kv UPS. I have given three computer connections with the UPS.
    Please suggest, what type of MCB should I use and of what power?

    • April 30, 2011 5:18 am

      Dear Manish,

      Havells 10 AMPS B Curve MCB could be installed for your computer connections. For any other query, do revert back, I would be happy to help you.


      Elex- Your Electricity Expert

  24. Anusha permalink
    August 28, 2010 1:08 pm


    We are a 20year old apartment looking to revamp the complete distribution system. Do you assist on same?

    Thanks and regards

    • April 29, 2011 9:40 am

      Dear Anusha,

      Please provide us with your contact number and your address so that our executive can help you further.

      Elex – You Electricity Expert

  25. Rex permalink
    September 12, 2010 12:55 am


    Can you advice, how much load I can give on a single 6 Amp outlet?

    I live in an apartment, in a particular wall outlet socket. I would like to use an extension board and load approx 600 Watts appliances (Continuous load).

    The extension board comes with an ELCB.

    1) Can I load 600 Watts on a single outlet?
    2) What is the worst case scenario in case of overload?
    3) Is there any risk of fire?
    4) Can I assume 6 Amp multiplied by 220 Volt = 1320 Watts less 20% = 1056 Watts load is the maximum capacity of the single socket?

    Please advice.



    • April 30, 2011 5:19 am

      Dear Rex,

      Following are the answers to your questions:
      1) Usually, household circuit is capable of delivering 15 amps, or 15a x 120v = 1800 watts.
      2) Usually when overload occurs, the circuit breaker will trip or fuse will blow to open the circuit. But if the breaker or fuse is rated high, the wire to the outlet socket could overheat and result in fire.
      3) Yes
      4) Wattage = Voltage * current. Yes, your calculation is fine.

      Keep posting your queries.

      Elex- Your Electricity Expert

  26. October 27, 2010 5:06 pm

    Hey very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds

  27. aditya permalink
    October 29, 2010 4:31 pm

    hi, recently quite of a few of my electronic devices were getting spoiled, possibly due to power surges , my laptop adaptor, tv, CFL have spoiled over past 15 days what kind of protection would you advice for my household as a whole

    • October 30, 2010 12:29 pm

      Dear Aditya,

      Thank you for your query. Our representative will contact you to help you further.

      Elex- Your Electricity Expert

  28. Suresh permalink
    October 30, 2010 10:26 am


    We are constructing a new house and it is in the final stage. Can u please advice me about the good products of cables and electrical devices including cables, switches, etc. of all household requirements and security oriented devices.

    • October 30, 2010 12:29 pm

      Dear Suresh,

      Thank you for your query. Our representative will contact you to help you further.

      Elex- Your Electricity Expert

  29. November 6, 2010 6:20 am

    We are looking for decoraters who would decorate our building for an occassion. If you could kindly suggest any of your dealers would really appreciate the same.

    • November 8, 2010 7:24 am

      Dear Nishi,

      Thank you for your query. Our representative will contact you to help you further.

      Elex- Your Electricity Expert

  30. Sameer From Nainital. permalink
    November 7, 2010 11:13 pm

    Elex I need some solutions regarding the following.
    In my home a very old electricity wiring and meter (-before 1947 made in England) with single phase connection which is further distributed into 3 fuses and i dont sure about the earthing was properly OK or not.
    Few days before I heard about MCB Havells,but the retailer can’t able to explain me which is the best and complete solution for me MCB,MCCB,RCCB or RCBO with the differences
    I have a load upto 3 to 4 Kilowatt.
    I want to make 3 circuits 1 for lighting,2 for small home appliances e.g. Tv,Refrigerator,mixer,3 for heavy loads e.g.heater,etc.
    Please explain me the best solution in MCB,MCCB,RCCB or RCBO respectively with its fixing manner and differences in above 4 devices and prices of all 4.
    It’s urgent for me.
    From: Nainital.

    • November 8, 2010 7:24 am

      Dear Sameer,

      Thank you for your query. Our representative will contact you to help you further.

      Elex- Your Electricity Expert

  31. November 26, 2010 4:01 pm

    pls,tell me wat is the advantage of havells gyser

  32. November 26, 2010 4:23 pm

    tell me about havells gyser

    • April 29, 2011 9:25 am

      Dear Sushant
      • Havell’s Geysers have been classified into two categories, namely, Electric Water Storage Heater and Instantaneous Water Heater. Gero, Bello, Puro and Monza fall under the Electric Water Storage Heater category whereas Fino is a product under Instantaneous Water Heater category.

      • Gero, Bello, Puro and Monza are New Generation Electric Water Heaters with Five Star rating and Pentashield technology. It keeps 24 Hrs. Hot Water in half unit of electricity.

      • Fino is a New Generation Instantaneous Electric Water Heater with microcomputer based intelligent control system. It takes care of your Hot Water needs and gives you best advantage from safety point of view.

      For any other query, feel free to contact us.


      Elex – Your Electricity Expert

  33. November 27, 2010 6:20 am

    i want to know,the formula to calculate volt to amp,watage,power factor

    • November 29, 2010 7:19 am

      Dear Sushant,

      Thank you for all your queries. Our representative will contact you to help you further.

      Elex- Your Electricity Expert

    • December 3, 2010 6:38 am

      Dear Sushant,
      Please do revert us back with your contact number so that our technical team would help you more efficiently with all your queries.

      Elex- Your Electricity Expert.

  34. Sameer Nainital permalink
    December 1, 2010 1:50 pm

    Hi Alex
    Replying of your answer on Nov 8
    Can I use single RCBO for total calculated load approximately 3.5 to 4 K.watt (-with complete protection) for single phase connection.
    At a point where line first comes out from Electric Meter ?
    Plz explain type,model and specification,prices and other facts ?
    (And if possible could you Plz explain me RCBO characteristics and types)

    • December 3, 2010 6:33 am

      Dear Sameer,

      Thank you for all your queries. Our representative will contact you to help you further.

      Elex- Your Electricity Expert

  35. sameer Nainital permalink
    December 3, 2010 12:14 pm

    Hi Alex
    Plz explain me following through your blog
    1. As MCB has 3 types B,C & D, Is RCBO also has types or not ? if RCBO types are present Plz explain me with its characteristics in detail.
    2. Which rating Insulatar switch is (-for any accidental hazards) sufficient for single phase 220 volt , Load approximately 4 Kilowatt – 5 Kilowatt.
    I’ll be very Thankful to you

    • December 4, 2010 11:42 am

      Hi Sameer,
      Thank you for the query, we will be glad to help you with all your doubts.
      Also you can provide with your contact number so that our representative can get in touch to help you in your further doubts.

      Elex – Your Electricity Expert

  36. Rajesh Kumar Jain permalink
    December 6, 2010 6:54 am

    what formula to adopt to selecting a actual Havells multistrand copper wire like 1.00 mm, 1.50 mm, 2.50 mm, 4.00 mm and 6.00 mm for a household.please answer this question details in my e.mail id:

  37. Naresh Mathur permalink
    December 9, 2010 5:41 am

    Please provide me the contact details of your company representative in Jodhpur – Rajasthan, i am looking for electric wire cables, modular switches and all other assoseries for our home under construction.
    Your early responce will be highly appriciable.
    My contact number in India – +919413570142
    I will be visiting India from 21.12.10 to 31.12.10

  38. Nagesh permalink
    December 12, 2010 5:42 am

    I have got a 40A RCCB for my home. Is it fine for me to use it or it should be a lesser on. at my home i have one 285lts refrigerator, one 2kw gyser, 1 washing machine. please suggest if 16 A is enough or i should use a 40A RCCB

    • December 13, 2010 6:11 am

      Hi Nagesh,
      Thank you for the query, we will be glad to help you.
      Our representative will get in touch to help you in your further, so please provide us with your contact number.

      Elex – Your Electricity Expert

  39. Ashok Kumar B.L permalink
    December 27, 2010 8:37 am

    In my home ELCB tripped occasionally theses days. When the ELCB trip occurred, we just enabled within a couple of seconds and it stays on. Therefore the earth leakage current is transient in nature. My feeling is our 3-phase water pump is the source of this trouble

    How we can find/confirm the source of the earth leak current.

    • December 28, 2010 12:26 pm

      Hi Mr. Ashok,
      Thank you for the query, we will be glad to help you.
      Please provide with your contact number so that our representative can get in touch to help you your further.

      Elex – Your Electricity Expert

      • Ashok Kumar B.L permalink
        December 28, 2010 3:00 pm

        Hello Elex,

        Please note my contact details:

        Landline: (0821) 2411 879
        Cellphone: (91) 876220 4896



    • December 30, 2010 12:27 pm

      Hi Mr. Ashok,
      There are two ways for you to check, try these :

      1. Disconnect the pump and check operation.
      2. Check pump with a tester for leakage.

      Thank you,

      Elex– Your Electricity Expert.

  40. Raman Mohan permalink
    February 5, 2011 10:44 am

    I have a three phase power connection. During past two months the power utility’s cable through which power is supplied to my house has burnt twice damaging my household equipment. Is there a Havell’s product that can protect against high voltages generated by short circuits or burning of supply cable?

    • February 5, 2011 11:28 am

      Hi Mr. Raman,
      Thank you for the query, we will be glad to help you.
      Please provide with your contact number so that our representative can get in touch to help you further.

      Elex – Your Electricity Expert

  41. Raman Mohan permalink
    February 5, 2011 11:32 am

    Thanks a lot for the quick response. My Mobile Number is 9215950200

    • Raman Mohan permalink
      March 2, 2011 5:47 am

      You asked for my mobile number so your representative can contact me about my problem. I am yet to hear from him.

  42. kamal permalink
    March 4, 2011 7:39 am

    i am a supplier of ceiling fan downrod plz tell me your factory address with contact person details

    • March 9, 2011 9:37 am

      Hi Mr. Kamal,
      Please send a mail giving all details on your supply strength and quotes at
      The concern person will revert you back for the same.

      Elex – Your Electricity Expert

  43. Naresh permalink
    March 6, 2011 8:54 pm

    I live in Nigeria – Lagos, Havells products are available here.
    I constantly have in my house over current, Neutral failing problem. Low current problems.
    Due to which lot of euipment gets damaged. Pls advice what Havells products i shd use to safeguard.
    how to check the load for the whole house??


  44. K. NARAYAN permalink
    March 9, 2011 10:32 am

    Dear Sir ,

    We would like to use ELCBs / RCCBs to protect welders from shocks while using welding machine.

    Can you please tell us the model numbers / part numbers of any commercially available products , and the relevant current settings ?

    At present we are using 32 Amps 2-pole MCBs to supply incoming power to the welding machines.

    Regards ,


    • April 11, 2011 10:17 am

      Hi Mr. Narayan,
      Thank you for the query, we will be glad to help you.
      Please provide with your contact number so that our representative can get in touch to help you further.

      Elex – Your Electricity Expert

  45. Biju permalink
    April 17, 2011 5:04 pm

    what are the type of wires to be used in house wiring?

    • April 18, 2011 9:42 am

      Hi Biju,
      Thank you for the query, we will be glad to help you.
      Please provide with your contact number so that our representative can get in touch to help you further.

      Elex – Your Electricity Expert

  46. SANDY permalink
    April 24, 2011 4:47 pm

    hi elex
    my question is is it wrong to use rccb or elcb in ups db or i use tp mccb as incomer at place of tpn mcb

    • April 28, 2011 10:44 am

      Hi Sandy,
      Thank you for the query, we will be glad to help you.
      Please provide with your contact number so that our representative can get in touch to help you further.

      Elex – Your Electricity Expert

  47. VG KRISHNA permalink
    April 25, 2011 5:09 pm

    Sir, In my house I have got two power service connections under two Meters and
    each is connected with RCCB (with overload protection). Now I want to have
    an Inverter to my house with supply power of 800 W. The Eectrician says that to arrange an inverter, the above two RCCBS should be removed and then only we can connect an Inverter/UPS. I don’t want to remove the RCCBs, because they have protected my equipment on several occasions from high Voltage supply and during Heavy Lightnings also, by tripping the supply into the House. Plese advise me how to go about? VG KRISHNA, HYDERABAD.

    • April 28, 2011 10:45 am

      Hi Krishna,
      Thank you for the query, we will be glad to help you.
      Please provide with your contact number so that our representative can get in touch to help you further.

      Elex – Your Electricity Expert

      • V G KRISHNA permalink
        April 28, 2011 10:55 am

        Thank you sir for your reply. My contact No. is 9490165709.

  48. April 27, 2011 7:05 am

    Dear Sir, We are manufacturers for Safety devices like Gas Detectors Systems in Mumbai for the last 25years,so we would like to sale our products in Havells India Ltd, so kindly provide us the contact details from the purchase dept .

    thanks & regards

    • April 28, 2011 10:47 am

      Hi Abhijit,
      Thank you for the query, we will be glad to help you.
      Please provide with your contact number so that our representative can get in touch to help you further.

      Elex – Your Electricity Expert

  49. Anirudh permalink
    May 17, 2011 6:14 am

    Hello Elex,
    I have a two 1.5 ton split ACs(samsung make). They operate on 240 V single phase supply. Mains ampere rating is 32 A. In addition to that, I have got two separate circuit breakers for the ac’s(each of havell’s double pole of amp rating :-32 A). My problem is, sometimes when both the Ac’s are running due to overload, my main’s blow off instead of the circuit breaker. Is my circuit breaker of higher rating? Should I select a lower one? Also, should I install voltage stabilizers for the ac’s? if so, of what capacity?

    • May 23, 2011 6:11 am

      Hi Anirudh,

      We are glad to hear from you. We shall get in touch with you soon.

      Elex – Your Electricity Expert

    • May 23, 2011 9:28 am

      Hi Anirudh,
      From your query i understand that you are using 32 Amp DP MCB for each of your Ac’s which is backed by a 32 Amp Mains (it is not clear whether you are using a MCB or a Main switch). As you may be aware that a standard 1.5 Ton Split Ac’s takes a load of 9-10 Amp during running. so ideally it should be protected by a 10 Amp C series MCB but to take care of any exergencies it is recommended that you go for next higher rating of 16 Amp C series for individual AC’s.Also it is recommended that you use voltage stablizer with your AC’s.
      As far as blowing of mains is concerened please check the overall load of your house including the AC’s and use a suitable MCB as Mains.

      Elex – Your Electricity Expert

  50. Nitin permalink
    May 24, 2011 7:22 pm

    hello Elex, hope you are fine..
    you are doing wonderful job here.
    I wish to know more about havell’s eco friendly products, types and how they help to preserve green earth.
    Best regards

  51. surajit permalink
    May 25, 2011 5:30 am

    Do you have any energy efficient table fans?

    • May 25, 2011 9:17 am

      Hi Surajit,

      Thanks for the interest. You can know about our range of table fans, by visiting this link.

      Elex – Your Electricity Expert

  52. Anjani Saxena permalink
    May 25, 2011 6:28 am

    Hi! Elex,
    I have frequent tripping problems in UPS DB which has RCD’s for each O/G circuit and RCCB 100 mA at Incomer.

    All outgoing circuits are connected to electronic equipments.What is your advise should we remove RCD’s and RCCB because of electronic devices have leakage so is it safe to remove .

    what should we do to avoid nuisence tripping

    • May 25, 2011 9:19 am

      Hi Anjani,

      Generally all electronic equipment’s convert AC current to DC and reconvert them to AC — this leads to a small dc component in the supply . Normal RCD/RCCB trip because of this. I recommend that in places where electronic equipment is used “Type A ” RCD/RCCB is to be used, which will eliminate the above problem. RCD/RCCB is recommended for protection as well as safety .

      Elex – Your Electricity Expert

  53. Anjani Saxena permalink
    June 11, 2011 7:08 am

    Hi! Elex,

    Reference to your reply dated 25/5 ,One simple question comes in my mind that if AC-type is tripping with DC component , A type would trip more nuisence as dc component desensitise the RCD and inturn cause AC type to be responds less than A type. Kindly correct me provide technical clarification.

    • June 16, 2011 10:25 am

      Hi Anjani,

      Thank you for the query again, we ll get back to help you on this.
      You can also share your contact number, so that our representative can get in contact with you to help you further.
      Have a nice day.

      Elex – Your Electricity Expert

  54. anurag chaudhary permalink
    June 13, 2011 10:00 am

    hi elex

    i always face a high voltage problem in my residential area and voltage fluctuation i want a product that either make constant supply at constant 220-240 volt range even in very low and very high 440 volt
    that i should install on mainline which thing should do this work like voltage regulator, voltage stabilizer
    etc how much it will be cost max load total 5 kw /hour
    or any automatic circuit breaker that switch on and off if voltage go very low and high above 240 range
    how much it cost for mainline
    although havells mcb were installed that is of 440 volt cant work and many of equipments were damaged due to high voltage

    • Mohit permalink
      June 30, 2012 5:58 pm

      i also have a similar problem…can you please suggest

      • July 9, 2012 10:28 am

        Hi Mohit,

        Thank you for taking the time to reach us. Kindly provide more clarity on your query so that we can help you better.


        The Havells team.

  55. Dipankar permalink
    June 16, 2011 6:33 am

    HI Elex,
    We are having single phase line at our home,our electrician told that 3 phase line will be beneficial if we use 3 air conditioners,can you guide me what are the advantages of 3 phase line and Havells device to convert single phase line to 3 phase line?

    • June 16, 2011 9:30 am

      Hi Dipankar,

      We would be glad to help you on this.
      You can also share your contact details, so that our representative can get in contact with you to help further.
      Have a nice day.

      Elex – Your Electricity Expert

  56. June 27, 2011 9:47 am

    Hi Elex,

    Let me explain What I looking for. We have 88 flats apartment and last 7 year I am seeing following:

    [1] From Somewhere(May be from Electric department or Lightning) Surge will come to Apartment and We lost following

    – Earth leakage Relay
    – MCB
    -Domestic device like TV/Fridge/Oven
    -Change Over Relay
    -Panel Burnt

    So I have basic Question on Above problem. Where is the problem:

    [1] Do I need to contact Electric Department to check on the transformer where Main line is coming ?
    [2] I know Load is doubled is last 5 year, Do I need to change anything on transformer area?
    [3] How Do we check any problem in the circuit — Do you have any devices or team ?
    [4] Do suggest any devices from Hevels to solve my problem?
    [5] We have Applied OBE-COP Surge suppressor on all blocks.

    Waiting for reply..


    • June 27, 2011 10:29 am

      Hi Arvind,

      Thanks for writing in. We shall get back with the information, shortly.


  57. Raj permalink
    July 17, 2011 3:49 pm

    sir, I have few audio video equipments (bose home theater speaker system & denon avr) that are usa made and require 110 volts. What is the best method to install these equipments here in Delhi.

    • July 28, 2011 12:14 pm

      Hi Raj,

      Thanks for writing in. We shall get back to you with the information, shortly.
      You can also share your contact number, so that our representative can get in contact to help you further.

      Elex –– Your Electricity Expert

  58. kamalesh permalink
    July 29, 2011 10:36 pm

    plz tell me what should i do to protect my home apliances. Due to over voltage my laptop adaptor was damage .

  59. August 1, 2011 10:21 am

    Hi Elex,

    Could you please let me know if your ACCL(change over relay) support over voltage protection ? if yes then what is the MODEL NUMBER?

  60. Rajesh Kumar Jain permalink
    August 2, 2011 4:44 am

    what formula to adopt to selecting a actual Havells multistrand copper wire like 1.00 mm, 1.50 mm, 2.50 mm, 4.00 mm and 6.00 mm for a household. and in 2.5 mm wire how much watt can we load and what amp. MCB will require for the same. can a length of wire come into a calculation, please guide us with length, amp, watt formula. thanks

  61. Kiran Anant Guhagarkar permalink
    September 3, 2011 9:02 pm


    I stay i n India

    I want to install a MCB on the electric board where my PC is connected in order to protect it from overload and also to get short circuit protection.

    What is type of MCB I should go for?
    What is the rating( in amps) that i should look for?

    How to select the right MCB for mainboard?

  62. Kamal permalink
    September 5, 2011 7:05 pm

    Hi Elex,

    While going for a instant water heater what difference does it make between 1L and 3 L.
    I know Havels instant heaters is available only in 1L. Can this be used in bathrooms. Since there is space constraint, instant heater is the only option for me. will instant heater provide continuous hot water till its switched on.


  63. George koshy permalink
    September 9, 2011 6:41 am

    I need to select a RCBO for my flat for 3phase, to cover all devices in the flat. Do let me know which RCBO is suitable SPN or TPN, typeSorA or VD.

  64. Anay permalink
    September 21, 2011 12:35 pm


    Can you please let us know the procedure to test RCCbs at the plug level rather than just using the Test function situated on the RCCB.

  65. Param Natarajan permalink
    September 21, 2011 1:09 pm


    I’m looking to set up a small, specialized woodworking outfit. The problem I’m facing in Bangalore is that most of the suitable commercial spaces available for this purpose are equipped with 220v single phase electricity, while all the equipment to be installed is three-phase,440v

    What is the solution to this problem – is there a converter available that can be installed? I’d appreciate a quick reply since I need to make a decision quickly.


  66. ravi permalink
    October 6, 2011 7:52 am

    hi elex……….
    i m constructing my new dream home and i want to use only havells items in house wiring.i want to know the list of items used in this.i also want that u contact me at my email id

  67. patrick permalink
    October 8, 2011 1:50 pm

    im getting a nintendo wii from usa to use in india. what kind of voltage transformer do i need?

    • December 8, 2011 11:11 am

      Hi Pratik,

      Please share your contact details. We will send you the exact details as desired by you!

  68. santosh permalink
    November 9, 2011 8:31 am

    We are the general order suppliers to the east cost railways.
    We are participating in tenders of all general items.

    Kindly mail the rates of the below items

    1) Three Core Flat cable 3 x 25 Sq.MM with Bare Bunched Copper Conductor , Insulated with PVC and Sheathed with PVC with Voltage Grade upto 1100, Volts Confirming to IS 694:1990 Make:- Finolex/Hevells/Star or Similar

    Qty 300 Mtrs

    Make and model for the reference only.

    santosh engineering

    • December 8, 2011 10:21 am

      Hi Santosh,

      Thank you for showing interest in Havells products. The concerned person will touchbase with you soon!

  69. Anand Vardhan permalink
    November 17, 2011 1:44 pm

    Hi elex….
    I recently bought a Havells Electric Kettle. But it requires a 16Amps socket. But my room has only 6Amps circuit board. I cant call an electrician for installing a dedicated circuit for it because its not my house. Is there any other way possible?

  70. vaisakh permalink
    November 24, 2011 9:26 am


    i am building a new home .need to buy 3 phase distribution board 63 amp.pls suggest a good model

  71. Ashwin permalink
    November 27, 2011 6:28 pm

    Hi Elex!

    I’d like to say that I am an ardent fan of Havells products as we have used them extensively in our house.

    Right now, our house has 3 MCBs inside our house for each phase. Also, in the main power panel board, we have 3 fuse carriers. I do not understand why we have to use fuse carriers since have 3 MCBs protecting the three phases. Also, I have a feeling the electrician has no clue about the rating of wire he has used for the fuse carriers.

    I would like to know if it is possible to entirely replace the 3 fuse carriers on the main power panel with 3 new circuit breakers.

    Please do get back to me at email id provided or reply in the comments section. I am sure it will help a lot of people

    • November 29, 2011 1:38 pm

      Thanks for appreciating Havells…keep using our products and we will keep coming up with more innovative products!!

  72. December 16, 2011 9:47 am

    Hi Elex,

    could you please give contact numbers of your any experts who have knowledge of ACCL circuit. In my apartment 5 times ACCL got fire and burnt the panel. We are using same circuit for DG and LOAD both.


  73. Sunil Mohite permalink
    January 29, 2012 6:09 pm

    Dear Sir,

    I am located at Vasant Vihar, Thane City, Maharashtra and I am on the lookout for 02nos. Instant Water Heaters.

    I intend to install the instant water heaters in two out of the four bathrooms at my house. The instant water heater will be connected to the shower mixer and the sink via concealed plumbing. I would like you to inform me the instant water heater that will suit most our application.

    Please email me the following details of the instant water heater that you recommend:
    1. Model of Instant Water Heater that will suit my requirement the most
    2. Price in INR of that Model
    3. Maximum Flow Rate of that model in liters per minute of the recommended model
    4. Temperature rise in degrees at maximum flow rate
    5. Contact details of the nearest dealer that has the recommended heater model in stock

    I look forward to your valuable feedback.

    Best regards,

    Sunil Mohite

    • January 30, 2012 11:23 am

      Hi Sunil,

      We have shared your details with our concerned department. We will get back to you shortly.

  74. Naresh Kumar Arora permalink
    May 19, 2012 6:09 am

    Hey Elex,
    I want to supply rubber parts,Please let me know that how I can contact you?

    • May 19, 2012 6:55 am

      Hi Naresh. Thank you for showing interest in getting associated with Havells. Please share with us your contact details. The concerned department will get back to you soon.

      • Naresh Kumar Arora permalink
        May 20, 2012 9:13 am

        Hi Elex,
        These are my contact details.

  75. prasad permalink
    July 17, 2012 4:40 pm

    Hi Flex,
    We are staying in an apartment and due to malfunctioning of a device in any house there is current leakage leading to electric shock. Can you suggest right protection device that need to be installed in my house?


    • July 18, 2012 6:55 am

      Hi Prasad,

      It would be beneficial to install a RCCB(Residual Current Circuit Breaker)
      in your house. In order to know the appropriate current rating of the RCCB,
      kindly consult your electrician.

      Warm regards,
      The Havells Team.

  76. Saurabh Suman permalink
    August 8, 2012 11:01 am

    I am an architect, renovating my Father’s apartment for him. We are using Havells Domestic Switchgear and Cables
    Although I have had made a Single Line Diagram for the Electrical Wire Diagram.
    I wish I could get it reviewed and discuss a few of my doubts with an expert of yours in the Switchgear Division.

    I have a 6 KW 3 Phase connection. Major Load would be Four AC of 1.5 ton each. an Instant Geyser of 3 KW and a Storage Geyser of 2 KW.
    Simultaneously, Kindly clear a few of my Doubts.
    1- Do I start with a TPN Isolator of 63 Amp or 40 Amp.
    2- Will a RCBO of rating similar to Isolator, also serve the purpose of isolator.
    3- The RCBO comes after the TPN/ MCB or before the Latter.
    4- Any Three/ Four Pole Switchgear of a given Rating (in ampere), specifies the collective load on all three Phases/ Poles or individual Load capacity of every Pole. i.e. a 40 A Four Pole Isolator would carry a 40 A load on each of the poles or otherwise.
    5- Finally in a 16 module DB does it make sense to have a large Capacity (40A/ 63A) RCBO or ELCB before each of the distribution MCBs, or only the Electronic Gadget Network (Home Office, TV, Fridge and Lighting) should be RCBO/ ELCB Protected.

    As you can see that my queries are a little too many, I would be happy if I am given a call from Your end. My no may be seeked through an email response.

    • August 8, 2012 1:33 pm

      Hi Saurabh Suman, Thank you for taking out time to reach us. Please give us your contact details. the concerned person from Havells Team will call you to solve all your queries.

      • Saurabh Suman permalink
        August 9, 2012 12:32 pm

        My contact No is 9454011356/ 8986165591

      • Saurabh Suman permalink
        August 17, 2012 6:38 am

        I still await your call for my MCB Selection. I need to complete my Domestic switchgear installation at the earliest. Kindly give me a call as early as possible.

      • August 18, 2012 12:54 pm

        Hi Saurabh,

        Kindly provide us more details for our understanding regarding MCB selection. Our customer care team had called you up to clarify your doubts but the call was unanswered. Your local electrician can also advise you on these matters if you require answers on an urgent basis.

      • Saurabh Suman permalink
        August 19, 2012 2:01 pm

        Kindly call Me again and send me a Mail on
        I would reply back to you.
        Also You may share your Team In charge’s No through mail.

  77. August 21, 2012 5:09 am

    Hi Saurabh,

    We have tried contacting you on your number but it is unresponsive.
    Please contact us on the following number- 0120 4771125

    The Havells Team.

    • Saurabh Suman permalink
      August 21, 2012 9:19 am

      Sir, I am calling on the aforesaid no, but there seems that nobody is picking the No.
      Kindly share an Email Id

  78. Madhusudan D permalink
    September 7, 2012 6:29 am

    I am constructing a house iN Bangalore, and would need right product for covering the 15A socket that is kept for charging Electric vehicles in my parking area…preferably a lockable unit. The area has a roof and is not exposed to Sunlight/rain. Is there a siwtch box or a switch plate from Havells that fits the requirement?

    • September 11, 2012 1:46 pm

      Hi Madhusudan D,

      Thank you for taking out time to reach us. Kindly note that Havells does not provide any such product.

      The Havells Team.

  79. shyam kumar sharma permalink
    October 15, 2012 12:16 pm

    i leave in joshimath, uttrakhand, where power fluctuation is very high. i want to purchase voltage stabilizer. my need for 2 room heater 1500*2= 3000 watt and 1 gyeaser 3 kv+ 3 room electricity. i want to know what capacity of stabilizer i should purchase & which is better automatic or manual. plz suggest me vendor in near by also.

    • October 16, 2012 6:07 am

      Hi Shyam Kumar Sharma,

      Thank you for taking time to reach us. Unfortunately Havells does not manufacture stabilizers.

      The Havells Team

  80. Chandramohan.K permalink
    October 18, 2012 4:33 am

    Should I use 25 sqmm X 4 Core armoured or 16sqmm x 4 core armoured as incoming cable for my residence which is under construction ?

    • November 8, 2012 5:13 am

      Hi Chandramohan K.,

      The dimensions of the cables would depend on the current electricity load in your home.
      Also, for any further query you can contact us on our Customer Care number: 1800 103 1313

      Thanks & Regards,
      The Havells Team

  81. Aslan permalink
    November 1, 2012 11:12 am

    My 2KW stablizer is giving too high voltage. About 300V which is above the normal voltage 220V. So please can you tell me what is the problem in the stablizer. According to my knowledge i thought its transformer is totally damaged. Anyway, please sir give me solution .

    • November 6, 2012 11:10 am

      Hi Aslan,

      Thank you for taking out time to reach us. However, we do not deal in stabilizers.

      Thanks & Regards,
      The Havells Team

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: